Contents1. Visit the Oleria workspace2. Install the Oleria Connected App3. Install the Connected App in OAuth Usage4. Edit the Oleria connected app policies5. Create Permission set for Oleria access6. Permission set assignment7. Completion8. Contact us
Oleria provides adaptive and autonomous access that sets your business free. As part of that promise, we provide deep integration of your Salesforce application access graph into the Oleria platform with a simple series of onboarding steps. This document provides step-by-step guidance to integrate Salesforce with your Oleria workspace.
Note: A “system administrator” is necessary to complete these steps.
Steps to integrate Salesforce with your Oleria Workspace
1. Visit the Oleria workspace
- Visit the Oleria workspace homepage and click on the tab named “Integrations“.
- Click on the Salesforce tile to integrate.
2. Install the Oleria Connected App
As a Salesforce Admin, authorize the Oleria application with one click. This creates a connected app called "Oleria" in your organization.
3. Install the Connected App in OAuth Usage
Go to connected apps OAuth usage, and install the connected app named 'Oleria.'
4. Edit the Oleria connected app policies
Change permitted users to “Admin approved users are pre-authorized.”
5. Create Permission set for Oleria access
Go to Setup → Permission Sets → Create a new permission set named “Oleria Access" and Enable the following permissions:
- View All Data and View Health Check in system permissions
- Order Name field permission to have Read Access in the Orders object from object settings (skip this if the Orders object does not exist)
Tip : Use the “Find Settings“ search box is an efficient way to locate and enable the permissions.
6. Permission set assignment
- Go to ‘Manage Assignments’ → Add a user. The user can be an existing user with a Salesforce user license or a new user.
- Go to ‘Assigned Connected Apps’ → Add Oleria to Enabled Connected Apps.
Go to Oleria Workspace
- Provide the username and tenant URL to Oleria. The username was added in the step above
- Salesforce org URL (e.g., https://<YourOrgName>.my.salesforce.com)
Note : Once the integration is complete, it may take time for the data to appear in Oleria.
Note about Salesforce Shield:
If Shield Event Monitoring is available with customer instance, Oleria can provide more insights by enabling those permissions in the created permission set
- View Real-Time Event Monitoring Data
- Credential Stuffing Event Stores
- Report Anomaly Event Store
- Session Hijacking Event Store
- API Anomaly Event Stores
Please also make sure to enable both Data Streaming and Data Storage for all the events.
If you have any questions about this integration, please contact Oleria at firstname.lastname@example.org.